Whistler Scientific Workshop on Brain Functional Organization, Connectivity, and Behavior, March 1-4, 2020
Sunday, March 1
|6:00-8:00p||Opening Reception and Poster Session|
Monday, March 2
|Session 1||Brain Anatomy and Function: Moderator-Todd Constable|
Topographical neural gradients support unique modes of operation
Towards a Multi-Scale Model of the Cortex
Topological voids within the human cortex
Beyond connectivity: the role of spatial network topology in predicting behavior
Hyperalignment reveals individual differences in information encoded in fine-scale cortical topographies
|11:30-12:00||Discussion: anatomy and function
Daniel Margulies, Alex Fornito, Todd Constable
|Session 2||Brain and Behavior: Moderator - Dave O’Connor|
When Interactions Attack: Controlling for Group x Phenotype Interactions in Predictive Modeling
Combining data from multiple sources improves predictive modeling
The role of the connectome in achieving artificial general intelligence
Tuesday, March 3
|Session 3||Dynamics Across Timescales: Moderator - Evelyn Lake, Monica Rosenberg|
Combining fMRI with chemo- and optogenetics in the mouse to deconstruct brain network activity
Exploring the neural basis of resting-state functional connectivity in awake mice
The control of brain network dynamics across diverse scales of space and time
Cognitive correlates of resting dynamic functional connectivity
Electrophysiological dynamics of antagonistic brain networks
Dynamic causal models of brain function
|Session 4||Cross-modal integration and modeling: Moderator - Tamara Vanderwal, Emily Finn|
Genetics of brain network hubs
Integrating functional connectivity analyses across separate task domains using task potency
Using Connectomics to Model Neurodegenerative Diseases
Wednesday, March 4
|Session 5||Clinical applications and imaging across the lifespan: Moderators - Doris Floris, Bruce Pike|
Predicting individual clinical trajectories of depression with generative embedding
What can children’s connectomes tell us about brain development and behavior
The New Normal: Modelling Atypical Brain Development
Disrupted static and time-varying functional connectivity in children with ADHD
Application of convolutional neural networks to rsfMRI data for individual identification and disease classification
Long-range network switch and impaired consciousness in focal temporal lobe seizures
Organizing committee: Jessica R. Cohen, Todd Constable, Michael Breakspear, Simon Eickoff, Emily Finn, Doris Floris, Alex Fornito, Xiaoping Hu, Daniel Margulies, Bruce Pike, Monica Rosenberg
Remote and On-site Coordinator: Tricia Ginnetti
Staff: Lesley Nadeau-Foti, Daniele Milano
Poster Presentation Titles/Authors
Sunday, March 1 & Monday, March 2, 2020
- Multi-scale imaging of mouse cortical networks across behavioral states. Daniel Barson, Ali Hamodi, Xilin Shen, Luke Newell, Gyorgy Lur, R. Todd Constable, Jessica A. Cardin, Michael C. Crair, Michael J. Higley.
- Neuroimaging predicts personalized motor function after perinatal stroke: A machine learning study. HL Carlson, BT Craig, J Hodge, D Rajashekar, P Mouches, ND Forkert, A Kirton.
- Differentiated Effects of Normal Aging on Cortical Networks of Executive Functioning. Lia Chen, Elizabeth B. Riley, Adam K. Anderson, Eve De Rosa.
- Functional Brain Networks Involved in Lexical Decision. Samantha Tze Sum Wong, Vina M. Goghari, Nicole Sanford, Ryan Lim, Cameron Clark, Paul D. Metzak, Susan L. Rossell, Abhijit Chinchani, Mahesh Menon, Todd S. Woodward.
- Temporal sequences of brain activity at rest are constrained by white matter structure and modulated by cognitive demands. Eli J. Cornblath, Arian Ashourvan, Jason Z. Kim, Richard F. Betzel, Rastko Ciric, Azeez Adebimpe, Graham L. Baum, Xiaosong He, Kosha Ruparel, Tyler M. Moore, Ruben C. Gur, Raquel E. Gur, Russell T. Shinohara, David R. Roalf, Theodore D. Satterthwaite, and Danielle S. Bassett.
- Altered functional brain dynamics during facial affect processing in chromosome 22q11.2 deletion syndrome. Eli J. Cornblath, Xiaosong He, Kosha Ruparel, Rastko Ciric, Graham L. Baum, Tyler M. Moore, Ruben C. Gur, Donna M. McDonald-McGinn, Beverly Emanuel, Elaine H. Zackai, Russell T. Shinohara, Theodore D. Satterthwaite, David R. Roalf, Raquel E. Gur, and Danielle S. Bassett.
- Relating preoperative functional connectivity abnormalities in pain circuitry to outcome of surgical treatment for trigeminal neuralgia. Hayden Danyluk, Stefan Lang, Tejas Sankar.
- Language deficits can be predicted from rs-fMRI anatomical ROI connectivity maps better than from functional ROI connectivity maps. Daniel DiGiovanni, Danilo Bzdok, Denise Klein, Louis Collins.
- Using the connectome predictive modeling approach to predict age from distributed patterns of white matter fiber density and cross-section. Dennis Dimond, Thijs Dhollander, Amanda Ip, Christiane S. Rohr, Ryann Tansey, Kirk Graff, Robert E. Smith, Catherine Lebel, Deborah Dewey, Alan Connelly, Signe Bray.
- Functional connectivity network individualization in early childhood. Kirk Graff, Ryann Tansey, Amanda Ip, Christiane Rohr, Dennis Dimond, Deborah Dewey, Signe Bray.
- Task activation and functional connectivity offer distinct insight into brain-behavior relationships. Abigail Greene, Siyuan Gao, Stephanie Noble, Dustin Scheinost, R. Todd Constable.
- Resting-state Functional Connectivity Differences between Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, with Tuberous Sclerosis Complex, and Healthy Controls. Seyhmus Guler, Onur Afacan, Alexander L. Cohen, and Simon K. Warfield.
- Implementation of a pre- and in-scan system to reduce head motion in pediatric participants with ASD. Corey Horien, Scuddy Fontenelle IV, Kohrissa Joseph, Nicole Powell, Chaela Nutor, Diogo Fortes, Maureen Butler, Kelly Powell, Deanna Macris, James McPartland, Fred R. Volkmar, Dustin Scheinost, Katarzyna Chawarska, R. Todd Constable.
- The BigMac dataset: linking tissue microstructure with diffusion MRI signals throughout the brain. Amy FD Howard, Alexandre A Khrapitchev, Adele Smart, Greg Daubney, Jeroen Mollink, Istvan N Huszar, Connor Scott, Nicola Sibson, Rogier B Mars, Jerome Sallet, Saad Jbabdi* , Karla L Miller* * joint contribution.
- Connectome Predictive Modeling of Face-Name Associations in Mild Cognitive Impairment. Michelle Karker, Scott Peltier, Allison Moll, Julia Laing, Benjamin Hampstead.
- Prediction from networks with node features with application to neuroimaging, Daniel Kessler, Keith Levin, Elizaveta Levina.
- Simultaneous cortex-wide cell-type specific fluorescence Ca2+ imaging and whole-brain fMRI reveals relationships between cellular activity and the BOLD signal. Evelyn MR Lake, Xinxin Ge, Xilin Shen, Peter Herman, Fahmeed Hyder, Dave O’Connor, Francesca Mandino, Dustin Scheinost, Xenophon Papademetris, Michael C Crair*, R Todd Constable*. *Supervised jointly.
- Common and unique neural connectivity at the interface of motor, behavioral, and cognitive symptoms in Parkinson’s disease: a commonality analysis of the functional connectome. Stefan Lang, Zahinoor Ismail, Mekale Kibreab, Iris Kathol, Justyna Sarna, Oury Monchi.
- Modulation of arousal reveals flexible hubs of brain networks. Kangjoo Lee, Corey Horien, Bronwen Garand-Sheridan, Dave O’Conner, Evelyn Lake, Dustin Scheinost, Ian Quinn, R. Todd Constable.
- Functional mapping of the entorhinal cortex reveals a hub for synaptic excitability in young 3xTg mouse model for Alzheimer's disease. Francesca Mandino, Ling Yun Yeow, Chai Lean Teoh, Chun-Yao Lee, Renzhe Bi, Hasan Mohammad, Lee Sejin, Han Gyu Bae, Seung Hyun Baek, Lee Hanqing Jasinda, Mitchell Kim Peng Lai, Sangyong Jung, Yu Fu, Malini Olivo, John Gigg, Joanes Grandjean.
- Identifying states with dynamic Connectome Predictive Modelling. David O'Connor, Dustin Scheinost, R. Todd Constable.
- Neuro-electrical evidence of sympathetic activity contributing to fMRI signals. PS Ozbay, C Chang, D Picchioni, H Mandelkow, MG Chappel-Farley, P van Gelderen, JA de Zwart, and JH Duyn.
- Predicting behavioral impairment using resting-state brain connectomes in older adults. Scott Peltier, Bruno Giordani, Henry Paulson, Rachael Snyder, Benjamin Hampstead.
- Linear versus deep learning for 3D brain images. Saige Rutherford, Mike Angstadt, Chandra Sripada.
- ADHD-related behaviours associate with inter-subject synchrony in young children. Ryann Tansey, Kirk Graff, Christiane Rohr, Dennis Dimond, Amanda Ip, Deborah Dewey, & Signe Bray.
- MRI data harmonization in a two-site Down syndrome study. D Minhas, Z Yang, J Muschelli, C Laymon, M Zammit, P Ellison, S Johnson, C Mathis, C Crainiceanu, W Klunk, B Handen, BT Christian, AD Cohen, DL Tudorascu.
- Stability and similarity of the pediatric connectome as developmental measures. Tamara Vanderwal, Jeffrey Eilbott, Clare Kelly, Todd S. Woodward, Michael P. Milham, F. Xavier Castellanos.
- Delineating an atlas of task-based functional brain networks in fMRI cognitive neuroscience: rather than just pretty pictures. Todd S. Woodward & Tamara Vanderwaal.
- Paired sensory stimulation and rTMS induces long-term plasticity. Ming Zhong, Chunqi Qian and Galit Pelled.