Cervical Cancer PSA at L&MJanuary 12, 2021
Information on cervical cancer with Dr. Gulden Menderes and how to schedule an appointment in Waterford.
To CiteDCA Citation Guide
- 00:00Cervical cancer is a gynaecologic
- 00:03malignancy where women are affected by
- 00:06a cancerous growth on their service
- 00:09and it's unfortunately the third
- 00:12most common gynaecologic malignancy
- 00:14that we see and trade in the
- 00:17United States. Women who have
- 00:20multiple sexual partners and who have
- 00:24more exposure to HPV virus are
- 00:28higher risk for cervical cancer.
- 00:31Also, the women with less
- 00:34health compliance and health
- 00:37literacy are at increased risk
- 00:40for cervical cancer. The solution
- 00:43to preventing cervical cancer
- 00:46comes from health
- 00:47compliance and cervical screening,
- 00:49which might be employed in one or many ways.
- 00:53The most common way that we do use in
- 00:56the United States is cervical cytology,
- 01:00meaning cervical pap smears when
- 01:02women present to their annual
- 01:04exams to see their gynecologists.
- 01:07They get the pop smear from the cervix,
- 01:11which can detect precancerous cells
- 01:13and give give us a latency or.
- 01:16You know window where we can intervene
- 01:19and prevent these cancers?
- 01:21There are many advances,
- 01:23both prevention and therapedic phases
- 01:25of cervical cancer.
- 01:27The one that we are most excited about
- 01:31as far as Preventionist concern is
- 01:35the prophylactic vaccinations that
- 01:37we have been fortunate enough to use
- 01:40in the US for a decade or over now,
- 01:45and these vaccinations are extremely
- 01:47efficacious since they give the human
- 01:50immunity against the most commonly.
- 01:53Seen HPV virus types and therefore we
- 01:57can easily prevent this cancer in young
- 02:00women by oxygenating them.