Pathologists and research scientists from Department of Pathology at Yale School of Medicine will be involved in more than 40 presentations and sessions at the United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP) 2022 Annual Meeting in Los Angeles March 19-24.
The presentations, which include poster sessions, platform sessions, interactive microscopy, evening specialty conferences, and short courses, will showcase the latest research advances from more than 50 scientists from Yale Pathology.
“Yale Pathology is excited to present the advances from our innovative researchers internationally at the USCAP Annual Meeting,” said Chen Liu, MD, PhD, Chair of Yale Pathology. “I am proud of our faculty representation at USCAP and the discoveries from our scientists, labs, and clinics.”
Yale Pathology will be represented throughout the annual meeting at various presentations.
- He (Peter) Wang, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Pathology; Director of Anatomic Pathology and Cytopathology, will present on, “The Influence of Race on Electronic Cigarette Use and Cardiovascular Disease.”
- Andrea L. Barbieri, MD, Assistant Professor of Pathology, will lead a panel discussion on “Why Pronouns Matter: Understanding the Effect of Implicit Assumptions,” part of USCAP’s new Professional Development Workshop.
- Rita Abi-Raad, MD, Assistant Professor of Pathology; Manju L. Prasad, MD, MBBS, Professor of Pathology; Director, Endocrine, Head & Neck Pathology Fellowship Program; Director, Endocrine, Head & Neck Pathology; Adebowale J. Adeniran, MD, Professor of Pathology; Director of Cytopathology; Director, Cytology Laboratory; Director, Anatomic Pathology Elective Program; and Guoping Cai, MD, MS, Professor of Pathology; Associate Director Cytopathology, in a platform session, “Are Copy Number Variations Identified in Thyroid Fine Needle Aspiration Specimens Associated with Hurthle Cell Morphology?”
- Tong Sun, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Pathology; Mingkui Chen, Assistant Professor, Natalia Buza, MD, Professor of Pathology; Associate Director of Gynecologic Pathology; and Pei Hui, MD, PhD, Professor of Pathology and of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences; Director, Gynecologic Pathology; Clinical Director, Molecular Diagnostics Laboratories, in poster session, “Placentas from Mothers with Positive SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Test Results at Labor Showed Neither Specific Histopathological Changes nor Evidence of COVID-19 Infection.”
- Daniel C. McQuaid, an MD/PhD Student, Sam G. Katz, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Pathology, and Mina L. Xu, MD, Associate Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine; Director of Hematopathology, in a poster session, “Novel Marker IRF8 Helps Differentiate Between CD-30 Positive Large Cell Lymphomas.”
- Alexa Siddon, MD, Associate Professor Term; Hematopathology Fellowship Director, Laboratory Medicine; and Director, Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory, Laboratory Medicine, in an interactive microscopy entitled, “When Morphology Meets Molecular in Myeloid Neoplasms.”
- Patricia Gaule, PhD, BSc, Associate Research Scientist; Aileen Fernandez, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow; and David Rimm, MD, PhD, Anthony N. Brady Professor of Pathology and Professor of Medicine (Medical Oncology); Director, Yale Cancer Tissue Microarray Facility; Director, Yale Pathology Tissue Service; Director Physician Scientist Training Program, in a poster session, “Tissue Age Effects in the Proportion Score in the 22c3 Immunohistochemistry Companion Diagnostic Test.”
- Ghazal Khajir, Associate Research Scientist; Deepika Kumar, MD, Clinical Fellow; Chief Resident, PGY-4, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine; Syed Rahman, MD, Hospital Resident; Michael Leapman, MD, Assistant Professor of Urology; Clinical Program Leader, Prostate & Urologic Cancers Program, Yale Cancer Center; Angelique W. Levi, MD, Associate Professor of Pathology; Vice Chair and Director, Yale Pathology Outreach Program; Peter Humphrey, MD, PhD, Professor of Pathology; Director, Genitourinary Pathology; Preston Sprenkle, MD, Associate Professor of Urology; Co-Chair, Cancer Liaison Committee, Oncology; Co-Chair, NCCN Guidelines Committee on Prostate Cancer Early Detection; Division Chief, Division of Urology at VA Connecticut Healthcare System, Urology; Director, Urology Fellowship, Urology; Director, Urologic Oncology Clinical Fellowship Program, Urology, in a poster session, “Discriminative Significance of Prostate Biopsy Decipher Score to Predict Adverse Pathology and Pathological Discordance at Radical Prostatectomy.”
- Xuchen Zhang, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Pathology; Associate Director, Gastrointestinal & Liver Pathology; Director, Gastrointestinal & Liver Pathology, in an interactive microscopy, “Biopsy Diagnosis of Hepatic Epithelial Tumors: Let’s Master the Challenges and Pitfalls”
- Pei Hui, MD, PhD, Natalia Buza, MD, in a short course, “Short Course 60: Gestational Trophoblastic Disease: Essential Knowledge for Precision Diagnosis”