This is a one-day group workshop for kids with pain and their caregivers. It will be held Sunday, Sept. 29, at a TBD location on the Yale School of Medicine campus.
It is designed to help children age 10-17 with chronic or recurrent pain, and their caregivers, learn strategies to better manage pain and improve day-to-day function.
Kids with chronic or recurrent pain lasting 3 months or longer are able to participate. Example conditions include headache, abdominal pain, widespread joint pain, and complex regional pain syndrome.
- Connect with peers who also have pain Learn mind-body strategies for managing pain and pain-related stress
- Develop an individual coping plan for improved pain management
- Learn caregiver-based strategies that promote child comfort
- Understand how to create a plan to support improved function at home and school
- Obtain resources for additional pain management support
To learn more and register: (203) 737-5892 firstname.lastname@example.org thecomfortability.com
This one-day program runs approximately every other month on a weekend from 10 am – 5 pm. Please call or email to learn more. Cost is $300, scholarships are available. Space is limited.