Advances in single cell RNA quantification techniques have enabled comprehensive study of cell subpopulations within a heterogeneous population. The GemCode™ Technology from 10X Genomics, which combines microfluidics with molecular barcoding and custom bioinformatics software enable analyzing the transcriptomes of thousands of cells at single cell resolution.
The Chromium™ Single Cell RNA sequencing Solution
Single cells, reagents and a single Gel Bead containing barcoded oligonucleotides are encapsulated into nanoliter-sized GEMs (Gel Bead in emulsion) using the GemCode Technology. Lysis and barcoded reverse transcription of polyadenylated mRNA from single cells are performed inside each GEM. High-quality next generation sequencing libraries are finished in single bulk reaction. Finally, the Chromium™ Software Suite is utilized for processing, analysis and visualization of single cell gene expression data.
Key advantages of the Chromium Single cell RNA-Seq
- High-throughput single cell transcriptomic measurements enable discovery of gene expression dynamics for profiling individual cell types
- Complete practical solution for single cell analysis Identify rare cell types in heterogeneous populations
- More efficient than leading academic droplet systems
- Encapsulate up to 80,000 cells in less than 10 minutes
- Wide dynamic range
The Chromium Single cell Immune Profiling Solution
- A comprehensive approach to simultaneously examine the cellular context of the adaptive immune response and the immune repertoires of hundreds to millions of T and B cells on a cell-by-cell basis.
- From translational immunology and immuno-oncology, to infectious disease research—these technological advancements, along with our intuitive software analysis and visualization tools, will accelerate the understanding of the adaptive immune system.