Phase 1 Re-opening
The Keck MS & Proteomics Resource is open for Phase 1 re-opening as of June 2nd. Our Resource is operational Monday through Friday with a limited number of staffs present in accordance with University’s Guidance. If your lab is approved for Phase 1, and have samples that you would like to submit to our Resource, you MUST contact us by email prior to submitting these samples.
Please see below for details.
- Entrance to our lab will remain locked during Phase 1, and no users are allowed inside.
- Please email Jean Kanyo or TuKiet Lam to schedule a time to drop off your samples for processing.
- When you arrive to our Resource (Suite G001 on the Ground floor of 300 George Street), please put the samples in the container outside the entrance, place the print out of the completed YPED sample submission form in the tray, and ring the doorbell. We will retrieve your samples and place it in the -80C or -20C, accordingly.
To ensure the safety of our staff and efficiency of our resource, we will process your samples in the order which it arrives to our Resource and with a turn-a-round time as short as we could base on estimation provided when you drop off your samples. Thank you for your patience as we weather through this unprecedent situation. Be safe and healthy.
Resource Operational Status
March 17, 2020
The Keck MS & Proteomics Resource have been working on contingency planning due to the recent COVID-19 status. As it currently stand, our Lab remains operational over the next three weeks; primarily to carry out any samples that we have in house as up to March 15th, 2020. We will continue to accept samples, however the only day someone will be in the lab to receive sample from FedEx or UPS will be Wednesday and Thursday (so please only ship samples on Tuesday for overnight delivery, so that we it arrives at our facility by noon on Wednesday).
Please check with your carrier of choice to ensure that they will be making the delivery, as we are not responsible if packages are held up at the carrier facility. If you plan on shipping samples, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org prior to doing so in order that we know when to expect its arrival.
Please note that we will not/may not be able to process your samples until sometime the first/second week of April, as we currently have enough samples in house which will occupy our 3 MS systems (24/7) through the middle of April. If you would like to be in the queue after this, then please plan accordingly. Thank you for your patience as we weather through this unprecedented COVID-19 status. Be safe and healthy. - The Keck MS & Proteomics Resource Team
Please note that due to the large number of samples that go through our facility, we have implemented the following policy for post sample preparation storage. We advise that if you want to keep these samples, please let us know as soon as you receive your results.
- Submitted gel samples will be discard 1 year post sample prep date.
- Submitted cells/tissues/solution/plasma/etc. (non-gel) samples will be discarded 2 years post sample prep date.
Please note that due to the drastic increase in mass spectrometry raw and analyzed file size and the associated cost to store and archive these files, we have implemented the following policy to combat this issue.
- All raw data will be archived after 1 years into our storage@Yale archive folder and will remain there for 3 additional years. Hence, raw data files will be discard after 4 years from the time of data collection. Note that retrieving data from storage@Yale archive folder will be very time consuming and may in cure additional cost if requested. We advise that you plan ahead by requesting the associated raw and analyzed files from us within 1 month of receiving your results to ensure that these files are available to you when needed during manuscript submission.
- All analyzed and results files will be will be discard after 4 years after the results have been disseminated. This includes results that are on our YPED portal and analyzed results from our MASCOT Search Engine.