House Staff Benefits
Yale School of Medicine/Yale New Haven Hospital residency programs offer its residents competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Below are a few benefit highlights:
Salary from 7/1/21 to 6/30/22
- PGY1: $71,286
- PGY2: $74,850
- PGY3: $78,592
- A stipend of $1,400 is available to every intern and resident each fiscal year between the dates 10/1 to 9/30. A new intern beginning employment in June, may begin purchasing items after their first day of employment and save those receipts to submit for reimbursement on 10/1. Interns and residents may use the stipend to be reimbursed for the following items: PDA’s, iPhone, medical books paper or electronic, journal subscription fees, medical software, association dues, production fees for presentation materials, licensing fees, examination fees (USMLE and Boards), Stethoscopes, tuning forks, otoscopes, ophthalmoscopes, travel expenses to approved medical conferences, mileage to rotations or clinics off-site.
- Long-Term Disability
- Professional Liability
- Financial Benefits Program
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Healthcare Benefits - Healthcare benefits are provided to house staff and dependents
- Personal Insurance Options
- Health Insurance with Included Prescription Coverage, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance Available
- No-Cost, confidential, Counselling Services through the Employee Assistance Program
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Professional Leave (determined at the discretion of the department on an individual basis due to need)
- Family/Medical Leave of Absence
- Employee and Family Resource Program
- Adoption Assistance
Equal Employment Opportunity, Male/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Additionally, house staff are provided with...
- on-call rooms for every service
- breakfast and lunch provided; meal tickets when on-call
- white lab coats and scrubs (laundry services and personal embroidery are not provided)
Benefits we do NOT provide:
We do not provide housing or subsidy for housing.
We do not provide moving expenses or subsidy for moving.