Primary Sites of Training
Yale-New Haven Hospital York Street Campus (YSC) - The Beeson Service
The main hospital facility, completed in April 1982 and the Children’s Hospital, completed in July 1993, structurally integrate all inpatient medical beds. Serving as the primary teaching hospital for Yale School of Medicine, Yale New Haven Hospital is a 1,541-bed tertiary care facility and includes Yale Cancer Center, Yale New Haven Children's Hospital and Yale New Haven Psychiatric Hospital.
The Internal Medicine Service at Yale is named after Dr. Paul Beeson, one of the most illustrious figures in American medicine in the latter half of the 20th century, who was Chairman of Medicine at Yale from 1952 until 1965.
The Beeson Service occupies the fifth, eighth, ninth and tenth floors of the East Pavilion, the fifth floor of the South Pavilion (Medical Intensive Care Unit and Coronary Care Unit), and the ninth floor of the West Pavilion (Medical Oncology). Most of the services are now fairly well localized geographically.