Our interview days occur in November, December and January each year. Once an ERAS application has been approved by the Programs' Intern Selection Committee (ISC), invitations are sent to applicants. To plan you visit with us, please see the information below.
There are several hotels located in the vicinity of the Yale New Haven Hospital and Yale School of Medicine that are either in walking distance of your interview location or may offer shuttle services. We’ve negotiated with most of the hotels listed below for a special rate for Internal Medicine Residency Applicants. Please read below to take advantage of these discounts.
Courtyard New Haven at Yale
– $158.00 per night (updated 9/2017)
New Haven, CT 06473
New Haven Hotel
– $99.00 per night * (updated 9/2017)
229 George St.
New Haven, CT 06510
Here's the New Haven Hotel 2017 flyer with details. Please call the hotel directly at 203-498-3100 to make your reservation and please mention “Yale Residency Rate”when making your reservations to receive this special discounted room rate. The hotel is located with in walking distance to the Yale School of Medicine and Yale New Haven Hospital. Parking is available for an additional cost per vehicle/per night. There is no shuttle service offered.
*rate based upon availability
New Haven Village Suites
– $89.00 per night plus tax * (Updated 9/2017)
3 Long Wharf Drive
New Haven, CT 06511
Here's the New Haven Village Suites 2017 flyer with details. Please ask for the "Yale Residency and Fellowship Applicants Special Rate" to receive the Yale Residency 2017/18 Package rate of $89.00 * per night. Complimentary scheduled shuttle service to locations within a three-mile radius. Advance reservations required for shuttle. All guests enjoy a complimentary hotel breakfast seven days a week and light dinner (Monday-Wednesday). Parking (one car) - included.
*rate based upon availability and is NOT offered during sold out and special events.
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale
- $109.00 per night, based upon availability * (Updated 9/2017)
155 Temple Street
New Haven, CT 06510
- Reservations require a guarantee by credit card. The OMNI New Haven Hotel at Yale is conveniently located to Yale University's Medical School Campus and in walking distance to your interviews. Complimentary use of the Fitness Center offering state-of-the-art cardiovascular and weight training equipment and plasma screen televisions. Parking is available at an additional cost. The OMNI New Haven at Yale is approximately 1.2 miles to the Yale School of Medicine Campus (within walking distance). The OMNI does not offer a sedan service.
*subject to state and local taxes
The Study Hotel at Yale
– $155.00 per night * (updated 9/2017)
1157 Chapel Street
New Haven, CT 06511
Please call the hotel directly and ask for the Yale Residency Rate of $155 per night. The Study is approximately 1 mile to the Yale School of Medicine Campus. Parking is available for an additional cost per night. There is no shuttle or sedan services offered.
* rate based upon availability
- Tweed New Haven Regional Airport
- Bradley International Airport
- Westchester County Airport (a.k.a. White Plains Airport)
- New York Airports (LaGuardia Airport and JFK Airport)
Parking - Yale School of Medicine Campus
Applicants driving to New Haven should park in the Air Rights Garage located at 60 York Street. When you arrive, please ask the residency program coordinator for a yellow validation ticket or "chaser" ticket to pay for your parking for the day. We are only able to cover the cost of parking for those applicants who park in the Air Rights Garage. The Air Rights Garage service driveways allow direct access into and out of the garage via the Route 34 Expressway, which directly connects to I-91 and I-95. The service driveways can be used by Air Rights Garage parkers (i.e. Yale New Haven Hospital visitors, patients, faculty, residents, staff).
There is NO local street access from these service driveways.
Other Travel Tips
There are many methods of traveling to New Haven after arriving at a New York City airport. One option is to take the New York Airport Service Shuttle to Grand Central Station. From Grand Central Station, connect to the Metro North Railroad which will take you to the New Haven station. Caution: when viewing schedules on the Metro North website, make sure you choose New Haven as your destination NOT New Haven-State Street.
Connecticut Limo, 1-800-472-LIMO, also provides shuttle services from New York Airports to New Haven. Connecticut Limo is the preferred method of travel.
Alternatively, you may take a shuttle from a New York airport to Penn Station and connect to an Amtrak train. Amtrak trains are more expensive than the Metro Rail.