The Clinician Educator Distinction creditrequirements are created to build upon our residents’ current proficiency as educators and communicators by introducing them to new concepts in observation, feedback, pedagogy, and public speaking in order to cultivate the knowledge, skills, and scholarship needed to transition our residents from clinicians who educate into true clinician educators.
Requirements are divided into three categories: Didactics/Observation, Teaching, and Scholarship. When you complete the distinction, you will have:
- 10 hours of classroom learning and workshops on how to be an effective clinician educator
- 16 hours of structured observation to learn from other teachers
- A minimum of 30 hours of medical education practice (teaching!) with mentored feedback
- One or more pieces of completed scholarship
- A breakdown of the requirements is in the document below.
- Requirements Document (via google drive)