Specialty Clinical Programs
COPD ProgramNumerous members of PCCSM are currently collaborating in translational studies that are testing the applicability of these findings to human disease, investigating the molecular mechanisms underlying clinical heterogeneity in this disorder and the factors that affect the rate of decline in lung function among COPD patients.
Pulmonary Vascular Disease ProgramThe Pulmonary Vascular Disease Program (PVDP) at Yale (previously called Pulmonary Hypertension Center) addresses the complex needs of patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension. As a regional...
- The Yale Occupational and Environmental Medicine Program (YOEMP) is dedicated to preventing occupational and environmental illness and injury through educational training, clinical care, consultative activities, and research.
- The Yale Cancer Center Thoracic Oncology Program (TOP) is a multidisciplinary program dedicated to providing cutting edge evaluation and treatment to patient with thoracic malignancies, and to advancing scientific discovery in lung cancer biology and treatment.
Yale Interventional Program (YaleIP)The Thoracic Interventional Program (TIP) offers the most advanced diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to various diseases in the chest, including lung nodules and masses, enlarged lymph nodes (mediastinal adenopathy), complex airways and pleural effusions.
Medical Intensive Care UnitThe Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU) at Yale-New Haven Hospital (YNHH) is regarded as one of the region's elite ICUs and has developed into a major regional referral center.
- Insight Tele-ICU was developed by PCCSM physicians Dr. Jonathan M. Siner and Dr. Peter Marshall in conjunction with Yale-New Haven Hospital and was the first full service Tele-ICU developed for the Epic environment. Insight Tele-ICU, located in New Haven at the York Street campus, provides an extra level of care for patients and to support the bedside clinicians in the intensive care units (ICUs) at YNHHS hospitals and at other participating hospitals.
- Our Tuberculosis Clinic is the regional referral center for tuberculosis and non-tuberculous mycobacterial diseases. We are fully committed to the national public health initiatives relating to tuberculosis.
- The Winchester Center for Lung Disease is the ambulatory practice site for the Section of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
- The VA Connecticut Health Care System in West Haven is one of the core training sites for Yale University School of Medicine students, house officers and fellows.
- This lab was built on the development and innovation of Physicians, Respiratory Therapist, and engineers who pursued the desire to understand the function of the lungs by capturing and documenting the measurements of flows, and gas exchange. From spirograph, to electronic, to digital, this lab has always moved its testing into the future.