The Yale Adult Cystic Fibrosis Center, accredited by the national Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, specializes in the diagnosis, management, treatment and research of cystic fibrosis. We provide a team approach to care that includes medical, nurse, registered dietician, physical therapy, social worker, and respiratory therapy cystic fibrosis specialists. We collaborate closely with our colleagues in the Yale Pediatric Cystic Fibrosis Center to assist adolescents and young adults in the transition from pediatric to adult care.
- To provide effective, evidence-based care for adults with cystic fibrosis.
- To investigate and to implement new treatments for cystic fibrosis.
- To advance the scientific understanding of cystic fibrosis.
- To train providers of adult cystic fibrosis care.
- Comprehensive cystic fibrosis diagnosis including sweat testing and blood testing for all known mutations related to cystic fibrosis.
- Full range of treatments for all complications related to cystic fibrosis, including those involving the respiratory, sinus, digestive, endocrine, and reproductive systems.
- Management of cystic fibrosis lung disease, including mucus clearance techniques, mucolytics, and preventive therapy for patients infected with pseudomonas.
- Comprehensive nutrition counseling and care, including pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy, screening for and repletion of vitamin deficiencies.
- Cystic fibrosis education and counseling.
Associate Professor of Internal Medicine (General Medicine)
Associate Director, Yale Cystic Fibrosis Adult Program
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Associate Director, Yale Combined Med-Peds Residency Program
Director of Clinical Skills, Yale School of Medicine
Faculty Advisor, Yale Resident Spanish-language Initiative
Curriculum; Cystic Fibrosis; Education, Medical; Internal Medicine; Pediatrics