Research & Publications
Dr. Tran is an Assistant Professor of Medicine (Medical Oncology) and cares for patients with melanoma and other advanced skin cancers at the Smilow Cancer Hospital in New Haven and in Smilow Guilford. She participated in the ABIM Physician-Scientist Research Pathway and completed both her internal medicine residency and hematology/oncology clinical fellowship at Yale. She received her MD and PhD degrees from Vanderbilt University School of Medicine.
Dr. Tran is actively engaged in translational research in melanoma brain metastases and developing novel therapeutics and drug combinations to improve responses in melanoma and overcome immune resistance. She has been funded through the Yale Cancer Center T32, the YCC K12 Calabresi Immuno-Oncology Training Program (IOTP), and the Skin Cancer SPORE career enhancement program. Dr. Tran is the principal investigator of several clinical trials in melanoma.
Education & Training
- Clinical FellowYale-New Haven Hospital (2019)
- ResidentYale-New Haven Hospital (2015)
- MDVanderbilt University School of Medicine (2013)
- PhDVanderbilt University School of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Microbiology, and Immunology (2011)
- BSEmory University, Biology and French (2005)