Ron Nudel earned a BA in chemistry at SUNY Binghamton where he received a NSF grant to further evaluate his novel water disinfection system. This insoluble quaternary amine polymer eventually earned three US patents. Dr Nudel graduated NYU Medical School and went on to a residency, cardiology fellowship and then interventional cardiology fellowship at SUNY Stony Brook Health Science Center. He was the first formal interventional cardiology trainee at Stony Brook. Dr Nudel came to New Haven in 1988 as a private practice interventionalist and has been attending at YNHH since that time. He joined the Yale full-time faculty in 2017. Professional interests include weight-loss in medically complex individuals, biomedical equipment development, and personal communication in the EMR age.
Education & Training
- FellowSUNY Stony Brook Health Science Center (1988)
- ResidentSUNY Stony Brook Health Science Center (1985)
- MDNew York University (1982)
- Board CertificationAB of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease (1987)
- Board CertificationAB of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine (1985)