Research & Publications
Oyere Onuma, MD, MSc, is a nationally recognized authority on global health and cardiovascular disease prevention. An alumna of the Yale School of Medicine, Onuma returned to Yale in 2019 as an assistant professor of cardiovascular medicine.
Dr. Onuma earned an M.D. from the Yale School of Medicine in 2007. She completed her internal medicine residency and fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital, followed by a M.Sc. from the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health in 2014. Dr. Onuma later served as a medical officer with the World Health Organization where she helped launch the Global Hearts Initiative to support governments in strengthening cardiovascular disease prevention and control.
Dr. Onuma is the author of multiple publications in Stroke, Lancet, Circulation, and the New England Journal of Medicine, among others.
Education & Training
- FellowMassachusetts General Hospital (2014)
- MScHarvard School of Public Health, Epidemiology (2014)
- ResidentMassachusetts General Hospital (2010)
- InternMassachusetts General Hospital (2008)
- MDYale University School of Medicine (2007)
- SBHarvard College, Biomedical Engineering (2002)