Research & Publications
Dr. Jain obtained her PhD in Life Sciences (Cardiovascular Biology) from India. Her PhD work focused on identifying the effect of high altitude hypoxia on rodent heart and further investigating the role of the Proteostasis network in the cardiovascular system. Her work has contributed to understanding the mechanism behind the differential hypoxic tolerance and has published several research articles during her PhD.
Currently her projects at the Hwa lab at Yale, involve the study of platelets, the anucleate cells in the blood stream. Dr. Jain is doing extensive work on exploring the role of stress induced signaling cascades in the platelets, more specifically in context of protein misfolding and ER Stress. Using a combination of basic and advanced techniques, involving both human and rodent samples, her studies involve a wide range of pathophysiological conditions including Diabetes Mellitus, Aging and Neurodegenerative diseases.
Education & Training
- PhDDIPAS, DRDO, Life Sciences (2015)
- MScJamia Hamdard University, Biochemistry (2009)
- Targeting the UPR in a nucleus free zoneNew Haven, CT, United States 20222022 VBT & CVRC Retreat
- Platelets as novel peripheral markers of Parkinson DiseaseNew Haven, CT, United States 2022Symposium on Cellular and Metabolic Pathways in Neurodegeneration (CT Early Career Researcher Symposium)
- Platelet Hyperreactivity in Advanced Age Is Governed by the Novel Adaptive Changes in Intraplatelet AntioxidantsLas Vegas, NV, United States 2019Annual Conference Society for Redox Biology and Medicine.
Honors & Recognition
|Career Development Award||American Heart Association||2023|
|Larry Oberley Young Investigator Award||Society for Redox Biology and Medicine.||2019|
|American Heart Association||Member||2022 - Present|
|Blood||Reviewer||2022 - Present|
|EMBO Molecular Medicine||Reviewer||2022 - Present|
|Pharmacological Research||Reviewer||2020 - Present|
|Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity||Reviewer||2020 - Present|
|Expert Reviews in Molecular Medicine||Reviewer||2020 - Present|