Research & Publications
Dr. Heiman is trained in Internal Medicine and Addiction Medicine. She is passionate about ensuring patient-centered, high-quality care, both to her own patients, and through systems-level advocacy.
Prior to entering medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, she worked as a researcher at the National Institutes of Health and as a volunteer in the United States Peace Corps. Her research interests include addressing disparities in care, particularly as they affect individuals who use substances of all kinds.
Education & Training
- FellowYale University (2023)
- MDUniversity of California, San Francisco
- MSUniversity of California, Berkeley
- Intern and ResidentUniversity of California, Davis
- Board CertificationAB of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine (2015)