Education, Medical; Palliative Care; Terminal Care
- Ellman MS, Fortin AH, Putnam A, Bia M. Implementing and evaluating a four-year integrated end-of-life care curriculum for medical students. Teaching and Learning in Med. 2016; 28(2):229-239.
- Tobin DG, Doolittle RB, Ellman MS, Ruser CB, Brienza RS, Genao I. A competency-based evaluation of the primary care exception rule. Acad Med. 2016. doi.org/ 10.
- Ellman MS, Putnam A, Green M, Pfeiffer C, Bia M. Demonstrating medical student competency in palliative care: development and evaluation of a new “OSCE” station. J Palliat Med. 2016;19(7):706-11
- Ellman MS, Tobin D, Stepczynski J, Doolittle B. Continuity of care as an educational goal but failed reality in residency training: time to innovate. JGME. 2016;8(2):150-153
- Tse CS, Morrison LJ, Ellman MS. Pre-clinical medical students’ diverse educational and emotional responses to a required hospice experience. Amer J Hospice & Palliative Medicine. 2016.
- Ellman MS, Schwartz ML. Online learning tools as supplements for basic and clinical science education. J Med Educ and Curr Develop. 2016:3 109-114.
- Doolittle B, Tobin D, Ellman M, Genao I, Ruser C, Brienza R. Implementing the patient-¬centered medical home in residency education. Educ Health. 2015; 28(1):74-78.
- Tse CS, Ellman MS. Development, implementation, and evaluation of a terminal and hospice care educational online module for pre-clinical students. BMJ Support and Palliat Care. 2015.
- Ellman MS, Schulman-Green D, Blatt L, et. al., Using online learning and interactive simulation to teach spiritual and cultural aspects of palliative care to interprofessional students. J Palliative Medicine. 2012; 15:1-8.
- Ellman MS, Fortin FH. Teaching medical students how to communicate with patients having serious illness: comparison of two approaches to experiential, skill-based and self-reflective learning, Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine. 2012; 85(2): 261-270.
- Ellman MS, Rosenbaum JR, Cherlin E, Bia, M. Effectiveness of an integrated ward-based program in preparing medical students to care for patients at the end of life. Amer J Hospice & Palliative Medicine. 2009 26:18-23.
- Ellman MS. When is the reverend coming? Patient Education and Counseling 2008 73: 5-6.
- Ellman MS, Rosenbaum JR, Bia M. Development and implementation of an innovative ward-based program to help medical students acquire end-of-life care experience. Acad Med. 2007 82:723-727.