Curriculum; Cystic Fibrosis; Education, Medical; Internal Medicine; Pediatrics
I have two general areas of research interest. I develop educational material used for training doctors locally and at many residency programs across the country. I study the impact that these materials have on physician training.
Within the Yale Cystic Fibrosis Center, my patients have access to participate in research trials of new therapies.
Specialized Terms: Medical education; Curriculum development and evaluation; Cystic fibrosis; Transition of care
Evaluation of a case-based primary care pediatric conference curriculum.
Talwalkar JS, Fenick AM. Evaluation of a case-based primary care pediatric conference curriculum. Journal Of Graduate Medical Education 2011, 3:224-31. 2011
Readiness for interprofessional learning among healthcare professional students.
Talwalkar JS, Fahs DB, Kayingo G, Wong R, Jeon S, Honan L. Readiness for interprofessional learning among healthcare professional students. International Journal Of Medical Education 2016, 7:144-8. 2016
Use of extramural ambulatory care curricula in postgraduate medical training.
Talwalkar JS, Satcher D, Turner TL, Sisson SD, Fenick AM. Use of extramural ambulatory care curricula in postgraduate medical training. Perspectives On Medical Education 2015, 4:93-7. 2015
The approach to Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cystic fibrosis.
Talwalkar JS, Murray TS. The approach to Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cystic fibrosis. Clinics in Chest Medicine. 2016;37:69-81. 2009
Full List of PubMed Publications
- Zelin NS, Encandela J, Van Deusen T, Fenick AM, Qin L, Talwalkar JS: Pediatric Residents' Beliefs and Behaviors About Health Care for Sexual and Gender Minority Youth. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2019 May 25; 2019 May 25. PMID: 31130009
- Pinto Taylor E, Mulenos A, Chatterjee A, Talwalkar JS: Partnering With Interpreter Services: Standardized Patient Cases to Improve Communication With Limited English Proficiency Patients. MedEdPORTAL. 2019 May 20; 2019 May 20. PMID: 31161138
- Talwalkar JS, Moriarty JP, Ellman MS: Students' Experiences With Death and Dying Prior to Medical School: A Content Analysis of Students' Written Reflections. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2019 May 2; 2019 May 2. PMID: 31046393
- Talwalkar JS, Cyrus KD, Fortin AH: Twelve tips for running an effective session with standardized patients. Med Teach. 2019 Apr 29; 2019 Apr 29. PMID: 31033363
- Banker SL, Fenick AM, Qin L, Talwalkar JS: Perceptions of Pediatric Residents Regarding Counseling About Use of Social Networking Sites. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2018 Oct; 2018 May 2. PMID: 29717921
- Talwalkar JS, Koff JL, Lee HB, Britto CJ, Mulenos AM, Georgiopoulos AM: Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Regulator Modulators: Implications for the Management of Depression and Anxiety in Cystic Fibrosis. Psychosomatics. 2017 Jul - Aug; 2017 Apr 5. PMID: 28576305
- Talwalkar JS, Fahs DB, Kayingo G, Wong R, Jeon S, Honan L: Readiness for interprofessional learning among healthcare professional students. Int J Med Educ. 2016 May 12; 2016 May 12. PMID: 27171559
- Talwalkar JS, Murray TS: The Approach to Pseudomonas aeruginosa in Cystic Fibrosis. Clin Chest Med. 2016 Mar. PMID: 26857769
- Wong RL, Fahs DB, Talwalkar JS, Colson ER, Desai MM, Kayingo G, Balanda M, Luczak AG, Rosenthal MS: A longitudinal study of health professional students' attitudes towards interprofessional education at an American university. J Interprof Care. 2016. PMID: 27026189
- Talwalkar JS, Satcher D, Turner TL, Sisson SD, Fenick AM: Use of extramural ambulatory care curricula in postgraduate medical training. Perspect Med Educ. 2015 Apr. PMID: 25850626
- Gottfried S, Talwalkar JS: Optimizing the involvement of language interpreters during the clinical encounter. J Gen Intern Med. 2014 Jun. PMID: 24706099
- Doolittle BR, Talwalkar JS: Observations: milestones for combined training programs-innovation or burden? J Grad Med Educ. 2014 Jun. PMID: 24949171
- Chatterjee A, Talwalkar JS: An innovative medical Spanish curriculum for resident doctors. Med Educ. 2012 May. PMID: 22515780
- Curran DR, McArdle JR, Talwalkar JS: Diabetes mellitus and bone disease in cystic fibrosis. Semin Respir Crit Care Med. 2009 Oct; 2009 Sep 16. PMID: 19760539
- McArdle JR, Talwalkar JS: Macrolides in cystic fibrosis. Clin Chest Med. 2007 Jun. PMID: 17467553
- Kim N, Talwalkar J, Holmboe E: Challenges in ambulatory resident education: medication knowledge in disadvantaged patients. Conn Med. 2006 Oct. PMID: 17131901