On Friday night, my wife’s cooking school opened at its new location in Walnut Beach, in Milford, CT:
She began with the immensely popular French Bistro Dinner:
- Steak au Poivre with Cognac Crème
- Roasted Tomatoes with Stilton
- Haricots Verts with Caramelized Shallots
- Pears with Port Wine Cider Glaze and Vanilla Ice Cream
Is your mouth watering yet?
In Heide’s honor, let’s stir up a special mix:
Traditional Chief Residents, 2019-2020
Ingredients: Intelligence, Creativity, Reliability, Honesty, Patience, Energy, Charisma, Wisdom, Generosity, Altruism, Equanimity, Kindness, Compassion.
Stir together to create a team that will:
- Run report
- Create schedules
- Make hard decisions
- Honor privacy
- Set standards
- Pour espresso
- Take phone calls from the Program Director at strange hours
- Obsess over the residency for two hours every Thursday afternoon, in a cramped room with program leadership, while munching on potato chips, stale cookies, and soggy left-over sandwiches
- Advocate for the residents
- Give Grand Rounds
- Precept in clinic
- Attend on the floors
- Manage crises
- Teach physical exam skills to medical students
- Role model clinical excellence
- Promote patient safety
- Tell jokes (and/or laugh a lot)
- Recruit interns
- Ask provocative questions
- Support scholarship
- Stand up for fairness and social justice
- Leave a legacy
- Make us proud
Our PGY2 class overflows with talent, so within the next week, please complete this survey and help us select the 2019-20 Chiefs:
Please support your nominations with comments. If you think someone should not Chief, we need to know that too, so please share your concerns.
All PGY2s, except the short trackers, are eligible. If you are a PGY2 and do not want to be considered, please let me know right away. All responses will be kept confidential.
Polling closes on Monday, January 29, at 8AM. After that, we will convene a selection committee to review the candidates, targeting an announcement by mid-February. We plan to select a COE Chief and a VA Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Chief at about the same time.
Thanks for your input, everyone, and enjoy your Sunday,