Nine Department of Internal Medicine faculty were recently named to the 2021 annual Highly Cited Researchers™ list from Clarivate.
The annual list identifies researchers who have demonstrated significant influence in their chosen field or fields through the publication of many highly cited papers between 2010 to 2020. Their names are selected from the list of authors who rank in the top 1% based on citations for field and publication year in the Web of Science™ citation index.
“We are proud that these nine researchers are being recognized as highly-cited in their respective areas,” said Department chair Gary V. Desir, MD, Paul B. Beeson Professor of Medicine and Vice Provost for Faculty Development and Diversity. “I wish to also recognize their collaborators and the staff who have provided them with critical support.”
The following department researchers were named on the 2021 list:
- Lieping Chen, MD, PhD (Medical Oncology)
- Scott N. Gettinger, MD (Medical Oncology)
- Roy S. Herbst, MD, PhD (Medical Oncology)
- Silvio E. Inzucchi, MD (Endocrinology & Metabolism)
- Albert Ko, MD (Infectious Diseases)
- Harlan Krumholz, MD, SM (Cardiovascular Medicine)
- David Rimm, MD, PhD (Medical Oncology)
- Gerald Shulman, MD, PhD, MACP, MACE, FRCP (Endocrinology & Metabolism)
- Mario Sznol, MD (Medical Oncology)
“As a department, we are proud to participate in the furthering of medical research across the globe,” continued Desir.
The Department of Internal Medicine at Yale is among the nation's premier departments, bringing together an elite cadre of clinicians, investigators, and educators in one of the world's top medical schools. To learn more, visit Internal Medicine.