Associate Professor Term; Director of Pre-Transplant Operations
The Transplant Nephrology program is integrated into both the Section of Nephrology at Yale University School of Medicine and The Yale-New Haven Hospital Transplantation Center.
Our goal is to provide optimal access to kidney transplantation for all individuals for whom this is the best option.To achieve this objective, in addition to the comprehensive transplant related services, we also:
- Expedite donor and recipient evaluation for patients not yet on dialysis.
- Perform internal exchanges and participate in two national exchange programs for recipient who have medically suitable donors willing to consider this option.
- Strive to have a first visit within 4 weeks of initial referral.
- Advocate for patients who have exhausted dialysis access to receive emergency transplant listing status.
- Provide a medical home for our patients with open access to clinic on an urgent basis.
The Yale New Haven Hospital Transplant Program has clinical facilities in New Haven at the York Street Campus of Yale New Haven Hospital and at Saint Francis Hospital in Hartford, providing easy access to care for patients in Connecticut and western Massachusetts.
To learn more about how the physicians in our nationally ranked section are experts in diagnosing and managing a broad range of acute and chronic kidney diseases please visit YaleMedicine.org.
- Clinical InterestsKidney Transplantation
Professor Emeritus of Medicine (Nephrology); Senior Transplant nephrologist
Professor of Medicine (Nephrology) and Professor of Surgery (Transplant); Director of Transplant Medicine; Director Outpatient Transplantation Service; Medical Director Adult and Pediatric Kidney Transplantation; Medical Director Pancreas TransplantationClinical InterestsReferral and Consultation; Kidney Transplantation