Associate Professor Term; Program Director, Transplant Nephrology Fellowship Program, Internal Medicine; Director of Pre-Transplant Operations, Internal Medicine
The Transplant Nephrology program is integrated into both the Section of Nephrology at Yale School of Medicine and Yale New Haven Transplantation Center (YNHTC).
Our goal is to provide optimal access to kidney transplantation for all individuals for whom this is the best option.To achieve this objective, in addition to the comprehensive transplant related services, we also:
- Expedite donor and recipient evaluation for patients not yet on dialysis.
- Perform internal exchanges and participate in two national exchange programs for recipient who have medically suitable donors willing to consider this option.
- Strive to have a first visit within four weeks of initial referral.
- Advocate for patients who have exhausted dialysis access to receive emergency transplant listing status.
- Provide a medical home for our patients with open access to clinic on an urgent basis.
YNHTC serves patients from Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, throughout the country, and beyond.
Professor of Medicine (Nephrology) and Professor of Surgery (Transplant); Director of Transplant Medicine, Internal Medicine; Director Outpatient Transplantation Service, Transplantation Center; Medical Director Adult Kidney Transplantation, Transplantation Center
Assistant Professor AdjunctResearch Interests
- Kidney Transplantation