Patient CareThe clinical services provided by our nephrologists and associated clinical teams cover all aspects of kidney disease, both in the inpatient and outpatient settings. The faculty members of the Yale Section of Nephrology provide broad expertise in the diagnosis and management of acute and chronic kidney diseases. We work together as a committed clinical practice group, providing round-the-clock care for patients with renal disease or hypertension and easy accessibility to consultative services, both in our outpatient settings and the inpatient settings. Our clinical commitment is based on these values:
- Twenty-four hour, 7 day-a-week availability to the patient and the referring physician.
- Open communication with patients, families, and referring physicians.
- Demonstrated excellence in the principles and practices of medicine and nephrology.
- Optimal care that strives to match or exceed the published fundamental clinical practice guidelines.
- A principal care approach to patients with chronic kidney disease, end stage renal disease (ESRD), renal transplantation and hypertension.
- A considered application of new approaches to therapy and diagnosis of renal diseases and their complications.
- Advocacy for our patients.
- acute kidney injury
- electrolyte and acid-base disorders
- genetic kidney diseases
- renal complications of pregnancy
- cancer-related kidney diseases
- chronic kidney disease (CKD) and associated complications
In addition, our renal transplantation program is the largest in New England.For more detail of our clinical services, or to make an appointment or referral, please follow the various links on this page.