Key Dates for Cohort 2023-2025 Application Cycle
NCSP Info Sessions
Want to translate research into action? Have questions about NCSP or the application process?
You can view our most recent Info Session with current Program Directors and Scholars on the NCSP YouTube Channel by clicking here!
MDs, RNs with a doctoral degree, and DNPs (Doctor of Nursing Practice) are eligible to apply. The clinical training for physicians and the doctoral degree for nurses should have been completed within the past 5 years prior to the application process. For all applicants, relevant research experience is a particular strength in the application evaluation process. 100% effort devoted to program activities is a requirement. The National Clinician Scholars Program directors and a designated national program committee make all acceptance decisions.
- Be committed to a career in serving as change agents to improve health whether it is academic medicine, public health, health policy or another career congruent with the program's purposes and priorities of developing physician and nurse leaders and skilled researchers
- Be highly regarded by those responsible for their clinical training
- Complete the clinical requirements allowing for independent clinical work by the date of entry into the program (except for surgeons)
- Be citizens or permanent residents of the United States or its territories at the time of application
- Demonstrated interest in improving health or the health care system
- Exhibited leadership capabilities, including setting high personal goals and motivating others
Demonstrated ability to develop and implement new ideas
Ability to interact and communicate effectively with others
Record of consistent accomplishment of project activities
Previous research experience, published or unpublished
Interest in, and/or experience with, community organizations