Aging Research Conferences
Workshops and Seminars
Biology of Aging Seminar
The Primary Goal of this monthly forum, directed by Dr. Albert Shaw, is to bring together a cadre of talented basic and translational scientists from several Departments throughout Yale and guest speakers from other institutions, who are interested in presenting their research and discuss possible Collaborations.Yale Aging Research.
Aging Research Workshop
The POA Workshops consist of two complimentary series, held on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month. One Wednesdays, we present a comprehensive curriculum addressing key methodologic, conceptual, and content areas related to the conduct of multifactorial aging research led by senior faculty and staff from the Program on Aging supplemented by guest speakers from other Yale Faculty. These sessions are designed to be interactive and to provide practical, real-world information that early investigators can directly incorporate into their own research. The topics include issues in
- biostatistics, field, and clinical research informatics
- multidisciplinary team leadership; translational research
- critical evaluation of common assessment and outcome tools in basic this training, translational, and patient-oriented research
The fourth Wednesday is devoted to a work-in-progress session. This session was development to proved a relaxed interdisciplinary forum for junior investigators involved in aging research to present their work-in-progress and solicit constructive feedback from their peers and colleagues. During these sessions
- presenters have received solicited advice on grant proposals
- discussed difficult or methodologic issues
- rehearsed presentations for national meetings
- sought input on the design and implementation of research projects
Each session typically includes about 15-20 participants. The Workshops have helped our trainees junior faculty to refine their research protocols and analyses and develop new research ideas and collaborations.
To be included on the mailing list please contact Robbin Bonanno.
Aging Research Seminar
Held on the first Wednesday of the month, the primary goals of this monthly interdisciplinary conference are to
- provide a forum for fellows and faculty to present their completed (or nearly completed) work
- attract other prominent investigators doing exciting aging research
Speakers have been successfully recruited throughout Yale, including the School of Law, School of Management, Economics Department, and Biostatistics, as well as from institutions outside of Yale (often as part of a Visiting Professorship). Each session typically includes about 50-60 participants.
Please contact Ellen Solomon to be included on the email announcements.