Below is a listing of research topics currently being conducted by the Section of Geriatrics and Program on Aging.
- Functional outcomes among older patients with critical illness
- Health care decision making for patients with dementia
- Treatment of cardiovascular disorders in patients with multiple chronic conditions, including dementia
- Sleep disturbances in older adults with physical and cognitive impairment
- Evaluating health care disparities in older adults
- Appropriate use of psychotropic medications in older adults with psychiatric disorders
- Psychological, behavioral, and social factors influencing health status and function.
- Cognitive outcomes in patients living with chronic HIV infection
- The role of social relationships (e.g., caregiving networks, social isolation) in preventing and delaying disability and cognitive decline in older adults.
- Long-term functional and symptom sequelae of COVID-19 infection in older adults
- Risk and benefits of multiple medication use among older persons with chronic illnesses