Research & Publications
Dr. Wang is an assistant professor at Yale School of Medicine and core faculty at the Equity Research and Innovation Center and Yale Center for Medical Informatics. Her work is at the intersection of health equity, informatics, and data justice with a focus in optimizing health and health-related information, data, and technology for marginalized communities. Her research goal is to improve the health of marginalized communities by engaging them in the collection and use of health data and improving the quality of social and structural determinants of health data, such as race, ethnicity, and residential address.
She leverages a participatory approach to center marginalized communities in the design, collection, (re-) use of their health data; understand communities' information and technology needs, improve information resources, and accelerate the dissemination of useful data back to communities, from electronic health record data to research study data.
Education & Training
- Post-doctoral fellowYale/VA Connecticut Healthcare System (2016)
- MHSYale School of Medicine (2012)
- Post-doctoral fellowRobert Wood Johnson Foundation Clinical Scholars Program (2012)
- ResidentMontefiore/Albert Einstein College of Medicine (2007)
- MDBaylor College of Medicine (2004)
- BSStanford University (1998)