Requirements per block
Please be sure these are turned in to Kathy Bertier, Clerkship Coordinator.
- Patient Write-ups. One per block. This should be submitted in one of the following formats depending upon your attending’s preference. PLEASE REMOVE ALL PATIENT IDENTIFIERS (name, dob, medical record number). Document will be returned to you if any identifying information is contained. Can be reviewed by attending in track changes as Word document or attending can mark up printed copy. Turn in either version for portfolio.
- Patient Log. In the back on the Yellow Record Book, you can track patients who have conditions that are considered "core" or "other.
- Presentations. Two to four per block. Submit electronically to Kathy one presentation that you prepared during the block. Most likely source will be short attending round presentations based on clinical question. The presentation may consist of a one page summary, a two-three slide powerpoint presentation, a good article that you handed out, etc.
- Midway Feedback Form- See the Midway Feedback Form in Yellow record book to be completed by attending and resident midway in block to encourage written and verbal feedback.
- Mini-CEX-Your attending will utilize one of his/her observations of your history and physical exam skills to perform a structured evaluation (Mini-CEX) around an aspect of your patient’s presenting complaint and associated physical exam. Forms are available in your Yellow Record Book and/or through MedHub (if attending prefers this).
Requirements by end of 12 week MAP clerkship
For inpatient medicine clerkship, using your Core curriculum checklist, complete any SIMPLE cases to address topics NOT covered in case conference or simulation. Remember to log in at: Simulated Internal Medicine Patient Learning Experience (SIMPLE) using your Yale email address to get access (same procedure as CLIPP cases for Pediatrics rotation).