Combined Nephrology-Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship
The Yale Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program is proud to announce that through the ACGME AIRE (Advancing Innovation in Residency Education) challenge, we are offering a new combined Nephrology-Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship starting in the 2020-21 recruitment season.
Key Points Regarding this Fellowship
- Two-year clinical fellowship for one entering fellow position each year
- First combined fellow will start in July 2021
- Collaboration between two established Yale fellowship programs
- ERAS applications are accepted through the Yale Nephrology Fellowship Program with a separate NRMP Nephrology-Hospice and Palliative Medicine track.
- The AIRE innovation allows both fellowships to be condensed into two years with board eligibility in both subspecialties.
- Nephrology training will dominate the first year and HPM the second year with integration of other activities/opportunities across the two years.
- The goal is to train physician experts to fill the gap of largely unmet palliative care needs for patients with chronic renal disease and their families.
- Please contact us with interest and questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and visit the Yale Nephrology Fellowship website for more information on our collaborating program.