Clinic InformationThe Yale Diabetes Center (YDC) is a joint effort of Yale New Haven Hospital and Yale School of Medicine. We provide comprehensive management and education for adults with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. Focusing on lifestyle interventions and employing the latest medications and technologies, the YDC seeks to improve the health and well being of all its patients. Our goal is to give our patients the tools necessary to successfully self-manage the day-to-day rigors of life with diabetes. Our nationally recognized doctors and nurse practitioners work as a team to address the diabetes needs of our diverse population. We work together with primary care providers and other specialists to offer comprehensive care and optimize the health and the outcome of our patients. The Center specifically strives to prevent long term diabetes complications through excellence in medical management and patient education, based on the American Diabetes Association’s Standards of Care.
What to Bring to an Appointment
- All new patients should bring in a completed copy of the initial questionnaire mailed to you after an appointment was given.
- All patients should also bring:
- List of all medications and supplements (including doses and frequency)
- Copies of any recent test results from other doctors
- Recent (2-3 weeks) of blood glucose readings (written down in column format, where each time of day is a different column
- List of your current doctors with whom you would like us to communicate
- Any concerns you have about your diabetes management