ODEIM Vice Chiefs
Role of the Vice Chiefs
The Vice-Chief of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) for each section will work closely with the section leadership and the Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in Medicine to advance workforce diversity, education and ongoing DEI conversations for the section and the residency training programs. The Vice-Chiefs, collectively, will support the overall Department DEI Strategic Plan's goals and objectives carried out by the individual working groups (login required).
- Reports to the Section Chief and the Department of Medicine DEI Vice-Chair.
- Works collaboratively with Section Chief, DEI Vice-Chair and other DEI leaders across the Department to foster a culture of safety, inclusion and belonging.
- Leads and participates in URiM recruitment efforts for residency programs, faculty and staff.
- Directs efforts for the newly created DEI Distinction Pathway for our residency programs.
- Manages efforts for ongoing DEI conversations including working with the DEI Vice-Chair to oversee an annual Section DEI retreat.
Vice Chief Lead
Section Vice Chiefs
Endocrinology & Metabolism
General Internal Medicine
Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine
Rheumatology, Allergy & Immunology