Research & Publications
Dr. Mani received his M.D. from Johannes Gutenberg University in 1991 in Germany where he had begun his scientific studies in cancer research. Later that year, he arrived at Yale and worked with Dr. Fred Gorelick on pancreatic exocrine diseases in the Department of Cell Biology and Gastroenterology prior to starting his Internal Medicine residency training at Yale New Haven Hospital, which he completed in 1996 after which he was chosen as chief resident. He then pursued a cardiovascular clinical fellowship at Yale along with post-doctoral studies in the Department of Genetics under Dr. Richard Lifton, where he began his focused work on human cardiovascular genetics. He joined the faculty in the Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Cardiovascular Medicine, initially as an instructor. He was appointed to assistant professor in 2002 and promoted to professor of medicine and genetics in 2016.
Dr. Mani has published his research findings in leading journals such as Science, NEJM, Cell Metab, PNAS, Nature Genetics, and others. Due to these and other scientific accomplishments, he has been invited to speak globally and has been recognized with multiple fellowships and awards, including the highly coveted NIH Outstanding Investigator Award in 2017.
Education & Training
- FellowYale University School of Medicine (2001)
- Chief ResidentYale University (1997)
- ResidentYale-New Haven Hospital (1996)
- FellowUniversity of Erlangen-Nuernberg (1992)
- MDJohannes-Gutenberg-University of Mainz (1991)
- The genetic etiology of coronary artery diseaseMumbai, MH, India 2001Identification of genetic causes of premature coronary artery disease in South Asians
- Genetics of Cardiovascular DiseasesIsfahan, Iran; Shiraz, Fars, Iran; Tehran, Tehran, Iran 1998Study of genetic causes of coronary artery disease and congenital heart defect
Honors & Recognition
|NIH Outstanding Investigator Award 2017||NIH||2022|
|Doris Duke Clinical Scientist Development Awards 2008||Doris Duke||2022|
|The Interurban Clinical Club Sir William Osler Young Investigator Award||2007|
|Howard Hughes Fellowship Award||Howard Hughes Medical Institute||2001|