Research & Publications
Bernardo Lombo, M.D. is a Clinician in Cardiology and faculty member of the Yale University School of Medicine. Dr. Lombo is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, and Echocardiography. He is part of the team that created the Yale Cardiovascular Global Health Initiative. They have developed clinical collaborations and research projects in Colombia, Rwanda, Argentina, Russia, Indonesia, and the Dominican Republic. His work also focuses on the use of portable echocardiography technology, transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), metabolic syndrome, hypertension, and the development of online platforms that provide free access to educational materials for the medical community.
Education & Training
- FellowYale University (2015)
- ResidentHospital of Saint Raphael/Yale University (2012)
- MDUniversidad Nacional de Colombia (2007)
- Cardiology Global Health, Dominican RepublicBaní, Dominican Republic 2018The purpose of this visit was to assess the current practice patterns for hypertension management in the primary care clinics of the rural communities of Peravia in the Dominican Republic.
- Cardiology Clinical Collaboration. Yale - North Western State Medical University I.I MechnikovSaint Petersburg, Russia 2017Dr. Lombo was part of a delegation of physicians who visited Saint Petersburg, Russia, where they provided free, highly specialized cardiac consultation and evaluation of complex cardiovascular cases, prior to cardiovascular surgical interventions by Dr. Mike Dewar.
- Cardiology Global Health, IndonesiaDenpasar, Indonesia; Amlapura, Indonesia 2017The purpose of the visit was to assess the prevalence of rheumatic heart disease (RHD) in Denpasar and Karangasem, using portable echocardiography technology, as part of a clinical collaboration between Yale University and Udayana University Medical Schools.
- Clinical Collaboration Yale - Fundación Santa Fe de BogotaMadrid, Colombia 2015Dr. Lombo was part of a delegation of physicians who visited a vulnerable community in Madrid, Colombia, where they provided free, highly specialized cardiac consultation, working in collaboration with local hospitals and physicians.
Honors & Recognition
|Award for Outstanding Efforts in Research||2012|
|Medical Staff President’s Award for Excellence in Academic Performance and Scholastic Achievement||Hospital of Saint Raphael||2012|
|Best Internal Medicine Resident (PGY-1)||Hospital of Saint Raphael||2010|