Cardiology; Heart Failure; Heart Rate; Health Care Quality, Access, and Evaluation; Cultural Diversity; Minority Health
My research interests span three areas:
- Clinical research in therapies for congestive heart treatment and clinical outcomes in heart transplantation. I am affiliated with the Yale Heart Failure and Transplant Center;
- Studies in heart rate variability as a method of noninvasively probing cardiovascular autonomic regulatory mechanisms in health and disease. This research includes classical methods of time series analysis as well as more recent methods based on chaos/complexity theory and nonlinear dynamics;
- Studies of health care access by African Americans and other minority populations in relation to cardiovascular disease.
Specialized Terms: Congestive heart treatment; Heart rate variability; Minority population cardiovascular health care access
- Lee FA and Mahieu, E. Cosinor Analysis of Biorhythm Data,Wolfram Demonstrations http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/CosinorAnalysisOfBiorhythmData/, Mar 20, 2014
Effects of Reiki on autonomic activity early after acute coronary syndrome.
Friedman RS, Burg MM, Miles P, Lee F, Lampert R. Effects of Reiki on autonomic activity early after acute coronary syndrome. Journal Of The American College Of Cardiology 2010, 56:995-6.
Common genes contribute to depressive symptoms and heart rate variability: the Twins Heart Study.
Su S, Lampert R, Lee F, Bremner JD, Snieder H, Jones L, Murrah NV, Goldberg J, Vaccarino V. Common genes contribute to depressive symptoms and heart rate variability: the Twins Heart Study. Twin Research And Human Genetics : The Official Journal Of The International Society For Twin Studies 2010, 13:1-9.
Pleiotropy of C-reactive protein gene polymorphisms with C-reactive protein levels and heart rate variability in healthy male twins.
Su S, Lampert R, Zhao J, Bremner JD, Miller A, Snieder H, Lee F, Khan D, Goldberg J, Vaccarino V. Pleiotropy of C-reactive protein gene polymorphisms with C-reactive protein levels and heart rate variability in healthy male twins. The American Journal Of Cardiology 2009, 104:1748-54.
Decreased heart rate variability is associated with higher levels of inflammation in middle-aged men.
Lampert R, Bremner JD, Su S, Miller A, Lee F, Cheema F, Goldberg J, Vaccarino V. Decreased heart rate variability is associated with higher levels of inflammation in middle-aged men. American Heart Journal 2008, 156:759.e1-7.
Effects of psychologic stress on repolarization and relationship to autonomic and hemodynamic factors.
Lampert R, Shusterman V, Burg MM, Lee FA, Earley C, Goldberg A, McPherson CA, Batsford WP, Soufer R. Effects of psychologic stress on repolarization and relationship to autonomic and hemodynamic factors. Journal Of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology 2005, 16:372-7.
Full List of PubMed Publications
- Lampert R, Tuit K, Hong KI, Donovan T, Lee F, Sinha R: Cumulative stress and autonomic dysregulation in a community sample. Stress. 2016 May; 2016 Apr 25. PMID: 27112063
- Lampert R, Bremner JD, Su S, Miller A, Lee F, Cheema F, Goldberg J, Vaccarino V: Decreased heart rate variability is associated with higher levels of inflammation in middle-aged men. Am Heart J. 2008 Oct. PMID: 18926158
- Luebbert JJ, Lee FA, Rosenfeld LE: Pacemaker therapy for early and late sinus node dysfunction in orthotopic heart transplant recipients: a single-center experience. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2008 Sep. PMID: 18834460
- Abu-Khalaf MM, Juneja V, Chung GG, DiGiovanna MP, Sipples R, McGurk M, Zelterman D, Haffty B, Reiss M, Wackers FJ, Lee FA, Burtness BA: Long-term assessment of cardiac function after dose-dense and -intense sequential doxorubicin (A), paclitaxel (T), and cyclophosphamide (C) as adjuvant therapy for high risk breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2007 Sep; 2006 Oct 19. PMID: 17051423
- Dewland TA, Androne AS, Lee FA, Lampert RJ, Katz SD: Effect of acetylcholinesterase inhibition with pyridostigmine on cardiac parasympathetic function in sedentary adults and trained athletes. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007 Jul; 2007 Feb 23. PMID: 17322413
- Lampert R, Ickovics J, Horwitz R, Lee F: Depressed autonomic nervous system function in African Americans and individuals of lower social class: a potential mechanism of race- and class-related disparities in health outcomes. Am Heart J. 2005 Jul. PMID: 16084163
- Lampert R, Shusterman V, Burg MM, Lee FA, Earley C, Goldberg A, McPherson CA, Batsford WP, Soufer R: Effects of psychologic stress on repolarization and relationship to autonomic and hemodynamic factors. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2005 Apr. PMID: 15828878
- Upadya SP, Sedrakyan A, Saldarriaga C, Nystrom K, Bozzo J, Lee FA, Katz SD: Comparative costs of home positive inotropic infusion versus in-hospital care in patients awaiting cardiac transplantation. J Card Fail. 2004 Oct. PMID: 15470648
- Upadya S, Lee FA, Saldarriaga C, Verma S, Sedrakyan A, Nystrom K, Katz SD: Home continuous positive inotropic infusion as a bridge to cardiac transplantation in patients with end-stage heart failure. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2004 Apr. PMID: 15063407
- Lampert R, Ickovics JR, Viscoli CJ, Horwitz RI, Lee FA: Effects of propranolol on recovery of heart rate variability following acute myocardial infarction and relation to outcome in the Beta-Blocker Heart Attack Trial. Am J Cardiol. 2003 Jan 15. PMID: 12521623
- Funk M, Ostfeld AM, Chang VM, Lee FA: Racial differences in the use of cardiac procedures in patients with acute myocardial infarction. Nurs Res. 2002 May-Jun. PMID: 12063413