Yale New Haven Hospital on National Honor Roll as One of Top 20 U.S. Hospitals
YNHH continues to rank among the best U.S. hospitals with its placement among the top 20 hospitals in the nation on this year’s U.S. News & World Report’s national Honor Roll. Of the nearly 5,000 hospitals surveyed in the magazine’s annual “America’s Best Hospitals” rankings, YNHH ranks nationally in 12 of 16 specialties.
Among the YNHH specialties ranked in the top 50 by the magazine, seven areas are in Internal Medicine. Geriatrics is ranked at #16; Pulmonology & Lung Surgery at #16; Kidney Disorders at #20; Diabetes & Endocrinology at #24; Gastroenterology & GI Surgery at #45; Cancer at #45; and Heart & Heart Surgery at #48.
This achievement would not have been possible without the work of many researchers and clinicians. Thanks to the following Internal Medicine faculty members for their contributions to quality and improvement work at YNHH:
- Kerin Adelson, MD (Medical Oncology)
- Ursula Brewster, MD (Nephrology)
- Jeptha Curtis, MD (Cardiovascular Medicine)
- Silvio Inzucchi, MD (Endocrinology & Metabolism)
- Richard Marottoli, MD, MPH (Geriatrics)
- Aldo Peixoto, MD (Nephrology)
- Michael Schilsky, MD (Digestive Diseases)
- Jonathan Siner, MD (Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine)
According to U.S. News & World Report, hard numbers (death rates, patient safety, procedure volume, and other objective data) support the rankings in most specialties. The full national listing is available online.
As gratifying as it is to receive public recognition of the department’s work, we are most proud of our dedication and commitment to providing excellent care to our patients.