The Rita Wilson Prize Fund in support of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
The Rita Wilson Prize Fund in support of Innovation and Entrepreneurship is a $10,000 cash prize awarded to the best student-led venture focused on creating a technological solution to address a health disparity in the United States.
The prize will be awarded in the spring of each year to support a student or group of students beginning or continuing to develop a social enterprise or innovation focused in this area.
Wilson Prize finalists compete in a pitch-off during the spring semester during Start-up Yale.
Information regarding 2021 Wilson Prize applications and resources will be posted as available.
Interested in applying or have more questions? Schedule office hours with Fatema Basrai, Assistant Director of InnovateHealth Yale and Innovation Manager for the Sustainable Health Initiative.
- Who can apply for this prize?
- A current Yale student must be the team leader. Additional team members can be inside or outside of Yale.
- What types of ventures are applicable for this prize?
- Any student-led venture focused on creating a technological solution to address a health disparity in the United States is eligible to apply.
- What regions should ventures be serving?
- Ventures should be focused on communities within the United States.
- Can I apply for both the Thorne prize and the Wilson prize?
If your venture fits both categories, you may apply for both. Reviewers and judges for both prizes are different and if selected, you will only be chosen as a finalist for one prize.
Thorne Wilson Funding Amount: $25,000 Funding Amount: $10,000 Focus: Social Innovation in Health or Education Focus: Technological solutions to address health disparities Region: Domestic and/or International Region: Domestic Only
- How can I best prepare my application and receive feedback?
- Schedule office hours with Fatema Basrai, Assistant Director of IHY.