Diversity Programs and Groups at Yale
There are a number of groups and initiatives throughout Yale School of Medicine and the University that members of the Genetics Department may wish to join or participate.
- In order to enhance diversity and inclusion within each organizational unit at YSM, departments have a diversity vice chair or champion tasked with engaging their departmental colleagues to promote these endeavors.
- Departments at Yale School of Medicine are increasing existing efforts and beginning new initiatives to enhance recruitment, retention, and sense of inclusion for underrepresented minority groups (URM) in medicine.
- Since 2005 Yale has invested in the development of affinity groups or employee resource groups. Each of the eight groups support recruitment, retention, education, advocacy, and community building.
- SWIM works to raise awareness of issues relevant to women who are faculty at the School of Medicine, and to advocate for women faculty with respect to these issues.
- Organization to champion intersectional advocacy, social justice, community building, and health equity of LGBTQI+ people at and served by the YSM and YNHH.
- Building on a strong campus community, the Latino Cultural Center promotes a sense of unity among Latinx people at Yale. La Casa is committed to providing a comfortable space where our diverse cultural heritage, history and traditions can be celebrated and explored by all Yale University and New Haven community members.
- The Minority Organization for Retention and Expansion (MORE) seeks to accelerate the appointment and retention of underrepresented minority faculty members and enhance their professional environment.