Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Python: An Introduction to numpy and matplotlib In-Person
Please note: Registration is required for this event. Please click here to register.
In this session, you'll learn how to:
- Import and use Python libraries
- Read tabular data into Python
- Perform basic statistical operations on the data
- Create basic plots from the data
- Process and plot multiple data files at once
In order to get the most out of this workshop, it is recommended that you have attended "Getting Started with Python: An Introduction to Programming." Or, please ensure that you understand the following Python concepts: strings, integers, variables, functions such as print(), lists, and for loops.
- Install Python on your computer
- Install a Python environment, such as Jupyter Notebook, PyCharm, etc. -- the instructor will use Jupyter Notebook
- Install the following Python libraries: numpy, matplotlib
- Or: install Anaconda (which will do all of above at once for you)
- Either "Getting Started with Python: An Introduction to Programming" or a good working understanding of Python fundamentals (strings, integers, variables, the print function, lists, and loops)