ITS Medicine and Health: "Learn How to Effectively Leverage Technology in Your Research Lab Operations"
ITS Medicine and Health - Learn how to effectively leverage technology in your research lab operations
September 29, 2020
1:30 to 3:00 PM
Online - Please contact: email@example.com for Zoom link.
The Center for Biomedical Data Science (CBDS) will be hosting an informational session introducing you to ITS Medicine and Health research lab support staff and Yale IT technologies. We will review the latest developments around tools and technologies offered by Yale IT for researchers and research labs. This will include how you can easily provision cloud based servers, databases, and storage with cloud services such as AWS or Azure for high-risk data using Yale Secure Spinup. We will present a use case on how compute automation in the cloud is changing how a research lab functions. Finally we will cover the latest developments in acquiring, storing, and computing with sensitive or high-risk data. Concluding this talk, we will be scheduling individual ITS Medicine and Health research lab support sessions to discuss your specific lab needs.
Outline of presentation:
- Medicine and Health IT Research Support - John Eberhart, IT Associate Director
- Secure Spinup - Kay Ratanasaka, Associate Director of Cloud Technologies
- Cloud Automations - Greg Tietjen Lab demo/example - Greg Tietjen, Assistant Professor of Surgery and Ken Hoover, Senior Solutions Architect
- Data Literacy and Management (finding data for reuse, data processing, version control, software publishing, and collaboration with sensitive data) Sawyer Newman, Data Librarian for the Health Sciences
- Discussion and Individual Sessions with labs based on specific topics
- John EberhartIT Associate Director
- Kenneth HooverSenior Solutions Architect