Research & Publications
Ambrose Wong, MD, MSEd, is the Director of Simulation Research and Associate Fellowship Director for Medical Simulation at YCMS. He uses healthcare simulation to improve teamwork and patient safety. He also has expertise in qualitative and mixed-methods techniques for health services research.
He received his Bachelor of Science from the University of British Columbia in Microbiology & Immunology in Vancouver, Canada and attended Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri. Ambrose obtained his Emergency Medicine residency training at NYU & Bellevue Hospitals Center in New York City, serving as chief resident physician in his final year. He subsequently completed a medical simulation fellowship at NYU School of Medicine & New York Simulation Center for the Health Sciences. He received a Master of Science in Health Professions Education at Massachusetts General Hospital Institute of Health Professions.
Dr. Wong applies healthcare simulation technology to address workplace violence and find better strategies to manage agitation and deliver behavioral care in the emergency department.
Education & Training
- MSEdMGH Institute of Health Professions (2016)
- MDWashington University School of Medicine, St. Louis (2010)
- BScUniversity of British Columbia, Microbiology & Immunology (2004)
- Medical Simulation FellowNYU School of Medicine/New York Simulation Center for the Health Sciences
- Chief Resident PhysicianNYU Hospitals Center/Bellevue Hospital Center
- Resident PhysicianNYU Hospitals Center/Bellevue Hospital Center
- Board CertificationAB of Emergency Medicine, Emergency Medicine (2015)
Honors & Recognition
|YCCI Scholar Award||Yale Center for Clinical Investigation||2019|
|Future Innovators in Research, Education and Simulation Award||Society for Simulation in Healthcare||2017|
|Nancy T. Watts Fellowship Award||MGH Institute of Health Professions||2015|
|Chief Resident(s) of the Year Award||Emergency Medicine Residents' Association||2014|
|Society for Academic Emergency Medicine - Simulation Academy||Treasurer||2018 - Present|
|Society for Simulation in Healthcare - Emergency Medicine Section||Secretary||2018 - Present|