Medical Student Resources
General Emergency Medicine Resources
The following resources are highly recommended to assist students in excelling in their emergency medicine rotation:
- Clerkship Directors in Emergency Medicine Student Portal : provides overviews on the approach to common emergency medicine presenting complaints, as well as common disease processes. Links to an online question bank to test your knowledge in EM. This site also is the home for the DIEM Cases, completion of 2 out of 3 of the Digital Instruction in Emergency Medicine cases is part of the course requirements.
- Video: How to Think Like an Emergency Physician - from EMUpdates.com - the site also is a resource for algorithms, checklists, and other educational materials related to emergency medicine.
- PDF: The Outstanding Medical Student in EM - provides a brief summary of general expectations of medical student behavior on an emergency medicine rotation and how to perform well on your rotation.
- PDF: The 3 Minute Emergency Medicine Medical Student Presentation - if you have wondered how presentation of patients differs on your emergency medicine rotation, this resource is a great one to review.
- Academic Life in Emergency Medicine (ALiEM) - a blog with a multitude of educational pearls about various topics in emergency medicine and discussions of current hot topics in the specialty.