In addition to presenting at Student Research Day, students are encouraged to present research work at scientific meetings. As such, a limited amount of funds are available via the Office of Student Research to assist students in travel-related expenses.
It has been the policy of the Medical School to fund half the cost (up to a maximum of $700) of travel to a major scientific meeting. We expect the Yale department where the research was done to pay for the other half. For students who wish to apply for support for this travel from the Office of Student Research, please follow the directions below:
- Students must apply for travel money at least thirty days before the trip (see application below).
- We expect students to plan ahead to get the best airfare.
- We will pay for hotel expenses for a maximum of three days, but expect that students will try to find an economical place to stay.
- Meals covered by conference fees or airline ticket fees are not to be additionally reimbursed.
- If you need transportation in the city, we would like you to take public transportation if at all possible, rather than costly taxis.
Partial travel support may be provided by the Office of Student Research when the student is the primary author or co-author on an oral presentation or a scientific poster.
This policy is intended to permit more students the opportunity to present their work at meetings. Please review the “Reimbursement Guidelines” document below.
*To complete the application form electronically, download the PDF file on the left and open it using Adobe Acrobat. Further instructions are available within the document itself.
Alternatively, download and print the application document using Acrobat Reader for PDF files or Microsoft Word for DOC files (Windows only) Fill out the printed application using a type-writer, word processor, or by printing neatly. Please submit your complete application to Reagin Carney in the Office of Student Research at email@example.com. Please contact Reagin Carney at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.