First year student summer research applications are due on May 3, 2019, and a meeting concerning summer research opportunities for first year students will be held in November. Summer research stipends are awarded in the amount of $6,081 per student.
Applications for summer research fellowships are available electronically for download at right or as hard copy in the M.D. and M.D./Ph.D. Student Work Area (312 ESH) next to the Office of Student Research (310 ESH).
Listed below are links for additional sources of funding for summer research for 1st year medical students. It is important that you read the requirements carefully for each fellowship, as they have different eligibility requirements and deadlines.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are planning to apply for summer research fellowships from funding sources outside of Yale, please contact Donna Carranzo at email@example.com, as there may be additional forms required by Yale's Office of Sponsored Projects that need to be completed before an application can be submitted to the funding agency.
- Downs Fellowships - International Research Opportunities
- Medical Student Training in Aging Research (MSTAR) Program for 1st Year Medical Students
- Cancer in the Under-Privileged, Indigent, or Disadvantaged - The Summer Translational Oncology Program at Johns Hopkins (CUPID)
- Jeanne Spurlock Minority Medical Student Research Fellowships in Substance Abuse and Addiction
- Medical Student Anesthesia Research Fellowship
- Medical Student Research Program in Diabetes
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Summer Fellowship Program
- Summer Medical Student Fellowships in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- University of Maryland School of Medicine SPORT Program
- Children's Hospital of Los Angeles Summer Oncology Program