FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
All students who are US Citizens or Permanent Residents applying for federal financial aid must complete the FAFSA.
FAFSA on the web:
http://www.fafsa.ed.gov or download the MyStudentAid mobile App.
You can fill out the application online and submit it directly to Federal Student Financial Aid. To do this, you will need an FSA ID, which serves as your identifier and lets you access your personal information in various Federal Student Financial Aid systems. See this website for more information.
The FASFA must be submitted electronically.
FSA ID - https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
Tips for Completing the FAFSA
- Complete everything. Do not leave any line blank.
- List your Alien Registration Number if you are not a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
- Have a Social Security number.
- Provide all income, earnings, benefits and asset information.
- Complete your 2017 Federal Tax Return prior to completing the FAFSA
- Select the option for IRS Data Retrieval when completing the FAFSA
Do You Need Accessibility Help?
If you need assistance with any of the resources on this page, please reach out directly to:
Senior Administrative Assistant
Office of Financial Aid
Yale Medical School