- Students must be in good standing in medical school at a U.S. LCME accredited medical school or participating COCA accredited AACOM member college listed in VSAS.
- Students must have completed all core clinical clerkships before beginning the clinical elective program.
- Yale does not provide basic clerkships, only electives.
- Yale does not offer observerships/externships.
- Students must be in their final year of medical studies in order to participate in the elective program.
- U.S. citizens attending international medical schools are not eligible for the Visiting Student Elective Program. Naturalized citizens or green-card holders are eligible.