- Students must be in good standing in medical school at a US LCME accredited allopathic institution.
- Students must have completed all core clinical clerkships before beginning the clinical elective program.
- Yale does not provide basic clerkships, only electives.
- Yale does not offer observerships/externships.
- Students must be in their final year of medical studies in order to participate in the elective program.
- Students are welcome to apply regardless of documented or undocumented immigration status.
- U.S. citizens attending international medical schools are not eligible for the Visiting Student Elective Program.