News & Events Archive
- Jeff Weinreb, MD named ACR Gold Medalist
- The Department Acquires Vintage X-Ray Machine
- Gary Israel, MD, selected as "Top Doc" by Connecticut Magazine
- Liane Philpotts, MD & Regina Hooley, MD have published Breast Tomosynthesis, a reference guide on the latest developments with correlative findings, practical interpretation tips, physics, & info on how tomosynthesis differs from conventional 2-D mammography.
- YNHH signs agreement with Primordial
- Drs. Vassilieva Saperstein: Spearheading prostate cancer clinical trial, first patient dosed at Yale Radiology with PYL, PET/CT Imaging Agent
International Day of Radiology 2016: This year dedicated to Breast Imaging!
- Madhavi Raghu, MD; "Tomosynthesis in the Diagnostic Setting: Changing Rates of BI-Rads Final Assessment Over Time"
- Ali Mian, MD wins Vascular IR Category 2016 American Roentgen Ray Society Certificate of Merit
- Regina Hooley, MD: "MRI Before Breast Cancer in Elderly Patients"
- Liane Philpotts, MD; received the 2015 Editor's Recognition Award with Special Distinction for outstanding efforts as a reviewer for Radiology. This recognition is given to the top 5% of journal reviewers
Smilow Interventional Oncology Program Begins
Jae W. Song, MD:
Awarded the Andlinger Residency Exchange Fellowship
"High-Fidelity Contrast Reaction Simulation Training: Performance Comparison of Faculty, Fellows Residents"
- Jae W. Song, MD: "Asymmetry of White Matter Pathways in Developing Human Brains"
Dr. Ali Mian: Awarded Best Case at AIRP 2015
Dr. James Abrahams: Selected for 2016 ASNR Outreach Professor;
Dr. Robert Messina:
Selected by GMEC for June 2015 Great Catch Story!
New MRI Scanner: For Kids Only!
- Evan Morris, PhD: Wins Fulbright Scholar Award
- Michele Johnson, MD: Discusses the "Mystery of Medicine"
- Alexander Goehler, MD: "Cost effectiveness & Cost-Utility of a Structured Collaborative Dis ease Management in the Interdisciplinary Network for Heart Failure (INH) Study."
Mark Michalski, MD Discusses 3D printing in YDR: article & video1 / article & video 2
- Alexander Goehler, MD: "Examining the Use of Comparative and CEA in Radiology" published in AJR
- Kameron Shahid, MD: "An Inspiring Bike Commuter's Tale"
- Demetrius Dicks, MD: Was recently appointed to the American Board of Radiology Cardiac Core Exam Committee.
- Gordon Sze, MD: Became president of American Society of Neuroradiology in May 2014
- Alexander Goehler, MD: Cost effectiveness of Incidental Pulmonary Nodules published in "Circulation"
- Gary Israel MD , Jeffrey Pollak MD, Gordon Sze MD were recently named in New York Magazine's 2014 Best Doctors IssuE
- "Brain Imaging in the Era of Bellbottoms"; Arrival of the CT Scanner at Yale
- "Reducing the Risk of CT Scans"
- Liane Philpotts, MD: "Women and Mammograms: Doctors Weigh In"
- New MRI Approach Dramatically Speeds up Results
- Detecting Breast Cancer: 3-D Screening Reduces Recall Rates
- Rob Goodman, MD; "Yale Doctors Making CT Scans Safer for Kids"
- Evan Morris, PhD, receives 2013 Yale Graduate School Mentor Award for teaching excellence.
- Howard Forman, MD named Teacher/Mentor of the Year: 2013
- New Technology Improves Breast CA Diagnosis
- Liane Philpotts to discuss the benefits of TOMO/3D Mammography
- Saad Ibrahim and the VIR team received the Outstanding Poster Award for best exhibit for their work entitled "Endovascular Treatment for Varices and Variceal Hemorrhage Associated with Portal Hypertension" at the 2013 Society of Interventional Radiology meeting in New Orleans.
- Liane Philpotts to speak with Faith Middleton on WNPR
- Regina Hooley receives 2012 Pilot Grant for Women's Health
- AIUM elections: Rob Goodman - Secretary, Pediatrics Ultrasound Community and Leslie Scoutt - President, ER Ultrasound Community and Vice President Cardiovascular Ultrasound Community.
- Leslie Scoutt elected Vice President, Board of Trustees, Am. Registry Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Reni Butler was given 2012 Editor’s Recognition Award with special distinction from Radiographics and was given the 2013 ARRS Clinician Educator Development Program Award
- Radiation Safety in adult imaging is vital to quality patient care
- Dr. James Brink speaks on CBS News: CT Scans Harmful?
Dr. Bob White received 2010 Career Award
- Dr. Howard Forman appears on CBS News, "The Problem with Imaging Tests"
- Carson and McClennan names are "Most Influential in Radiology" 2009
- Dr. Bruce McClennan received ARRS Gold Medal for 2009
- New York Magazine names "Best Doctors" for 2009
- Shirley McCarthy featured in article "Physician at Work" - YMG Feb 2009
- Erik Shapiro receives NIH New Innovator Award - 2008
- James Duncan, PhD, and William Greene receive MICCAI awards - 2008
- Rob Goodman Honored as Yale New-Haven Dream Builder - 2008
- James Duncan, PhD is named the Ebenezer K. Hunt Professor - 2007
- Richard E. Carson named recipient of "Kuhl-Lassen Lecture Award" - 2007
- Leaders in Innovation Award to Dr. White - 2007
- First Annual CME Course: "Non-Invasive Evaluation of Ischemic Heart Disease..."
- Carol Lee, MD named as the Radiology Industry's "Cream of the Crop" - 2007
- 2007 New York Magazine's Best Doctors
- Cindy Miller, MD receives "Jack O. Haller" award - 2007
- ACRIN 2006 Outstanding Contributions Award to Drs. Mutalik and Vassilieva
- 2006 Derek Harwood-Nash Fellowship
- Robert I. White, MD to receive Genetic Alliance Award
- New Yale P.E.T. Research Center Opens
- ARRS Names New Officers for 2005-2006
- Yale MR Center Replaces First Magnet
- Hewitt Radiology Library gets a face-lift
- Derek Harwood-Nash Fellowship - 2004