NHLBI Center for Cardiovascular Outcomes Research (CCOR) at Yale University
Press - 2016
"VA Hospitals: How Well Do They Treat Acute Myocardial Infarction, Heart Failure, and Pneumonia?"
NEJM Journal Watch, March 1, 2016
"Recent Research from Yale University Highlights Findings in Heart Attack"
Pharmacy Choice, February 13, 2016
"Study Compares Outcomes at VA Hospitals vs. Non-VA Hospitals"
Science Daily, February 9. 2016
"Admission to VA Hospital Associated with Different Mortality, Readmission Rates for AMI, HF, Pneumonia"
Rheumatology Advisor, February 9, 2016
"VA Hospitals Outdo Private Center on MI, HF Survival"
Med Page Today, February 9, 2016
"Optimizing Heart Failure Medications at Discharge"
ACP Hospitalist, February, 2016
Publications - 2016
- Bucholz EM, Krumholz HA, Krumholz HM. Underweight, markers of cachexia, and mortality in acute myocardial infarction: A prospective cohort study of elderly Medicare beneficiaries. PLoS Med. 2016;13:e1001998.
- Bikdeli B, Wang Y, Minges KE, Desai NR, Kim N, Desai MM, Spertus JA, Masoudi FA, Nallamothu BK, Goldhaber SZ, Krumholz HM. Inferior vena caval filter utilization and outcomes in Medicare beneficiaries with pulmonary embolism from 1999-2010. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016;67:1027-1035.
- Murugiah K, Wang Y, Desai NR, Spatz ES, Nuti SV, Dreyer RP, Krumholz HM. Trends in short-and long-term outcomes for Takotsubo cardiomyopathy among Medicare fee-for-service beneficiaries, 2007 to 2012 . JACC Heart Fail. 2016;4:197-205
- Bucholz EM, Beckman AL, Krumholz HA, Krumholz HM. Excess weight and life expectancy after acute myocardial infarction: The obesity paradox reexamined . Am Heart J. 2016;172:173-181.
- Nuti SV, Qin L, Rumsfeld JS, Ross JS, Masoudi FA, Normand SL, Murugiah K, Bernheim SM, Suter LG, Krumholz HM. Association of admission to Veterans Affairs hospitals vs non-Veterans Affairs hospitals with mortality and readmission rates among older men hospitalized with acute myocardial infarction, heart failure, or pneumonia. JAMA. 2016;315:582-592.
- Wang Y, Pandolfi MM, Fine J, Metersky ML, Wang C, Ho SY, Galusha D, Nuti SV, Murugiah K, Spenard A, Elwell T, Krumholz HM. Community-level association between home health and nursing home performance on quality and hospital 30-day readmissions for Medicare patients. Home Health Care Manag Pract. 2016;e1084822316639032.
- Clough JD, Rajkumar R, Crim MT, Ott LS, Desai NR, Conway PH, Maresh S, Kahvecioglu DC, Krumholz HM. Practice‐level variation in outpatient cardiac care and association with outcomes. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016;5:e002594.
- Bucholz EM, Beckman AL, Kiefe CI, Krumholz HM.Smoking status and life expectancy after acute myocardial infarction in the elderly. Heart. 2016;102:133-139.
- Chen R, Desai NR, Ross JS, Zhang W, Chau KH, Wayda B, Muruguah K, Lu DY, Mittal A, Krumholz HM. Publication and reporting of clinical trial results: cross sectional analysis across academic medical centers. BMJ. 2016;352:i637.
- Du X, Spatz ES, Dreyer RP, Hu S, Wu C, Li X, Li J, Wang S, Masoudi FA, Spertus JA, Nasir K, Krumholz HM, Jiang L; China PEACE Collaborative Group. Sex differences in clinical profiles and quality of care among patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction from 2001 to 2011: Insights from the China Patient-Centered Evaluative Assessment of Cardiac Events (PEACE)-Retrospective Study. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016;5:e002157.