Web Support & Services
The Office of Communications is charged with creating a "world class web presence" for the school, providing planning and implementation for web-based projects that serve the YSM community.
We offer web services to organizations within the Yale School of Medicine, including website building and web-based applications that support the school's web needs.
Our team addresses issues affecting the school and resolve them for the entire school by creating solutions and then allowing to community to build within the tools we create. We are always here as a resource for any web initiatives or needs.
Because of our content management system, Tridion, all YSM sites can take advantage of a large range of functionality, including:
- Hundreds of content layout and format options
- Photo and video galleries
- Regularly updated functionality
In addition, there are a number of applications that are available through our systems, many of which do not require any significant expertise to use. They include:
- Profile System
- News System
- Event Calendar
- Media Library
- This section of our site provides more information on the process of building and editing a website in the SDL content management system.
- Like department and organization sites, lab and personal faculty websites are hosted in Tridion with all the features and functionality of a department site.