An affiliation agreement between the medical school and Grace-New Haven Hospital in 1965 created Yale New Haven Hospital (YNHH), which expanded in 1993 with the opening of the Children’s Hospital, and again in 2000 with the acquisition of the Psychiatric Hospital. The 14-story Smilow Cancer Hospital opened in 2009, and in 2012 YNHH acquired the Hospital of Saint Raphael, adding 533 beds and making it one of the largest hospitals in the United States. The medical campus has grown over the years to include the institutions listed below.
Four miles away in West Haven, the affiliated VA Connecticut Healthcare System maintains active clinical, research, and education programs in conjunction with many medical school departments.
Extensive maps and directions to medical center destinations are available online at medicine.yale.edu/maps.
How to Reach Us
- To find a Yale doctor, visit Yale Medicine online at yalemedicine.org, or call (877) YALEMDS or (877) 925-3637.
- For information on medical school admissions, visit medicine.yale.edu/admissions, or call (203) 785-2696.
- For news about the school, visit medicine.yale.edu. Media inquiries should be directed to the Office of Public Affairs and Communications at communications.yale.edu/about-opac or (203) 432-1345.
- To find a person at Yale University, consult the online directory at directory.yale.edu, or call directory assistance at (203) 432-4771. To find a person at Yale-New Haven Hospital, call (203) 688-4242.
- To make a gift in support of the School of Medicine, please visit yale.edu/givemedicine or contact Roopashree Narasimhaiah at email@example.com.
Medical Center Institutions
- Yale School of Medicine
- Yale Medicine
- Yale School of Public Health
- Yale School of Nursing
- Yale New Haven Health which consists of:
- Bridgeport Hospital
- Greenwich Hospital
- Lawrence + Memorial Hospital
- Northeast Medical Group
- Westerly Hospital
- Yale-New Haven Hospital, including the Saint Raphael Campus
- Yale-New Haven Children’s Hospital
- Yale-New Haven Psychiatric Hospital
- Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale-New Haven
- Yale Health
- Connecticut Mental Health Center
- John B. Pierce Laboratory
Facts and Figures
For copies, call (203) 785-5824, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us at 1 Church Street, Suite 300, New Haven, CT 06510.
Produced by the YSM Office of Communications.
Photos: Anthony DeCarlo, Robert A. Lisak, Harold Shapiro, JoAnne Wilcox