District Leader Training
As social and emotional learning (SEL) becomes more central to the education process, districts have been wanting to learn best practices for embedding SEL systematically. Our professional development for district leaders starts with an interactive, four-day virtual institute where district leaders can begin the work to support thoughtful and systemic SEL implementation. Superintendents, SEL directors, and other district-level administrators can expect to:
- Understand the science of emotions
- Learn the skills of emotional intelligence
- Become familiar with RULER as a systemic, school- and district-wide approach to SEL
- Learn from and brainstorm with like-minded district leaders about high-quality implementation of SEL for lasting results
- Plan for SEL and RULER Implementation
The majority of districts that attend this Leadership Institute continue to implement RULER in their schools by sending school teams to attend the RULER Institute.